(Microwave and Lightwave Communications : MLC)
1. Vision statement
As the demand of bandwidth consumption are increasing rapidly due to the prevalent broadband services, such as 3G-mobile service, high speed internet, HD-video-on-demand, HD-video conferencing, 3D-HD IPTV and so on. Nowadays, these are absolutely interesting telecommunication technologies that have opened up many superb applications in our recent daily life. In this strategic research area, Microwave and Lightwave Communication (MLC), at Department of Electrical Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, we provide advance courses and research activities in the fields of microwaves, millimeter waves and optics, based on the physical layer technologies. The current research topics can be categorized into four areas: the study of microwave circuits and devices, the study of optical wave phenomena in optical devices used in optical communication system, signal integrity in optical network and high-speed PCB design, and the study of antennas. Examples of our expertise and research interests include the high-speed 10 Gb/s optical transceiver development, next-generation core & access network design and high-speed antenna design for the next-generation high-speed wireless network.
2. List of SRA elective courses
2102520 Optical Fiber Transmissions and Networks
2102521 Access Networks
2102620 Electromagnetic Theory
2102625 Computational Electromagnetics for Microwave and Photonics
2102674 Optical Communication
2102623 Antennas and Radar Systems
3. List of EECU faculty members involved in this SRA
|Assistant Professor Tuptim Angkaew D.Eng. (Osaka University, Japan)
|Assistant Professor Pasu Kaewplung Ph.D. (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand)
|Associate Professor Duang-rudee Worasucheep Ph.D. (Stanford University, California)
|Mr. Jakapan Lee M.Eng. (Tokyo Institute of Technology,Japan)
|Dr. Panuwat Janpugdee Ph.D. (The Ohio State University, Ohio)
4. Contact information of SRA coordinator
- Assistant Professor Tuptim Angkaew Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.ee.eng.chula.ac.th/communications
5. Highlighted Student Scholarship Announcement
- NEW SCHOLARSHIP CU-Huawei (for TIN/MSP/MLC) applicable to Thai 3rd-year BEng Students & Existing MEng students / new MEng applicants for 2017 academic year (financial support details application form)(more details on application form and other scholarships here). Apply from 1 March – 4 May 2017 only.
- PhD scholarships for both Thai and international applicants are available. Please contact prospective faculty members to discuss details.