(Telecommunications and Information Networking : TIN)
1. Vision statement
Nowadays, telecommunications and information networking infrastructures have become the essential enabler of future society improvements. Networking of not only people, but also intelligent devices (IoT: Internet of Things) or M2M (Machine-to-Machine), has opened up many new opportunities for young innovators in the emerging world of ultra-high speed communications, software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualisation (NFV) over information cloud platforms. This trend is warranted to continue for forseeable future. In this strategic research area, Telecommunications and Information Networking (TIN), at Department of Electrical Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, we have designed advanced curriculum and research activities to prepare our energetic students on their career path in these exciting fields. With a broad spectrum of expertises within our faculty, choices of interesting courses and research projects are available to match best with individual student interests. Our expertises and research interests range from telecommunication technologies in the data link layer to the network layer and towards the intelligent applications made possible by new information transferring platforms. Examples include the next-generation mobile computing, wireless communication, medium access control, adaptive coding & modulation, optical network, wireless sensor network, vehicular ad hoc network, software-defined networking & IoT cloud, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), and smart communication for green community.
2. List of SRA elective courses
2102525 Internet and Network Security
2102577 Telecommunication Network
2102578 Satellite Communications
2102627 Reliability and Survivability of Communication Networks and Systems
2102628 Graph Theory and Combinatorial Optimization
2102629 Traffic Engineering and Queuing Theory
2102677 Broadband Network and Design
2102770 Wireless Communications and Networking
2102774 Telecommunications Switching, Transmission and Signaling
3. List of EECU faculty members involved in this SRA
|Associate Professor Prasit Teekaput Ph.D. (VPI & SU)
|Associate Professor Watit Benjapolakul D.Eng. (Tokyo)
|Associate Professor Lunchakorn Wuttisittikulkij Ph.D. (Essex)
|Associate Professor Chaodit Aswakul Ph.D. (Imperial College, London)
|Assistant Professor Chaiyachet Saivichit Ph.D. (Imperial College, London)
4. Contact information of SRA coordinator
- Associate Professor Chaodit Aswakul Email: Chaodit.A@chula.ac.th
- Website: www.ee.eng.chula.ac.th/communications
5. Highlighted Student Scholarship Announcement
- NEW SCHOLARSHIP CU-Huawei (for TIN/MSP/MLC) applicable to Thai 3rd-year BEng Students & Existing MEng students / new MEng applicants for 2017 academic year (financial support details application form)(more details on application form and other scholarships here). Apply from 1 March – 4 May 2017 only.
- Full PhD scholarship (Chula-dussadeepipat): 3 years (for Master degree graduated student) or 5 years (for Bachelor degree graduated student). Supporting full tuition fee (Thai/international student) + monthly allowance 10,000 THB + funding joining an internship / conference attendance abroad. If interested, you can contact Dr Chaodit Aswakul (firstname.lastname@example.org). Application period (now – Jan 2018).
6. Research Assistantship Announcement
- Please contact individual professors directly.